6/27/2009

bbbbbback into it

Live from New York,
IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!

Had some things going on between last post and now.
We presented our work, and we scored pretty well considering our sloppy presentation.

We met with Lou once the dust from Post Production had settled, and she suggested a lovely number of things that we could change in our animatic.
Cut the fat, keep the meat. Don't swallow the gross meat. Etc.

Unfortunately, we're going to have to probably cut some animation that I have already completed. It sucks, but i'm willing to do it for a more cohesive product. GOOD NEWS is, that because it's cut, you get to see it here, live in black and white GIF format. How lovely.

Well, more than a little grainy, but at least it's running at a decent speed.

I've recut my designated act, the diner sequence, and I think it works better now. I'll have to get Lou to take another gander at some point, but I think it's quite workable. We're losing a few 'coinable jokes and phrases' as Andrew puts it, but it is a worthy sacrifice. I also divided up the shots, so everyone has a piece of the climactic pie. Link below if you're so inclined.
http://docs.google.com/View?docID=ddx7fbgt_41gnvpb8px&revision=_latest

So I've got some nice shots there, including the establishing and final shots, which are a wide shot of the diner stuck in between two miscellaneous buildings. We were thinking a Bank and a Police Station. Andrew and I really love the "LucasArts Adventure Game" feeling, so i've got it staged somewhat in that style, with a few animated loops. I think it's looking pretty good at the moment and on this occasion, the background needs to be finished before the animation keying begins.


I don't know if I shared a wide shot of the bathroom I had done previously, but I did a small amount of colour grading and am pleased with the darker, higher contrast result.

No comments:

Post a Comment